Stabilimento Testa started in 1885 as a pharmaceutical laboratory, producing remedies on a small industrial basis.
The traditional pharmaceutical items have been gradually abandoned in the '40s, and in 1950 the company has developed the production of natural extracts, in particular natural caffeine anhydrous.
In 1994 all the producing facilities were moved from Albenga to the factory located in Leca.
In the last six decades Testa took place among the most important suppliers of natural caffeine anhydrous (in different forms and concentrations) coming from raw material, by-product of the decaffeination of coffee and tea.
Testa has finally restructured its activity concentrating on the production and sales of pure Natural Caffeine Anhydrous, Tekaf® from tea, the Green Line with Green Caffeine® from coffee and Tekaf® Green from tea, Green Coffee and Green Tea Extracts as well as Theobromine .
In order to optimize the production cycle and improve the quality of all his products, in 2012 Testa moved to the actual brand new factory, located near the highway exit and the new planned Albenga railway logistic hub. This will also allow easy movement of goods to and from the new plant.
The area has an extension of 11.200 mq, 2500 mq of which are covered by the new plant.
Additional enlargement of 2000 mq is forecasted in the future.
Today the company employs more than 30 people, exports more than 90% of its total output and counts within its customers a number of well-known multinationals.
The company is ISO 9001:2015 and BRC certified and its production is in accordance with HACCP. Its products are Kosher certified, and Kosher for Passover is available upon request.